TASTE OF YAN CAN COOK SHOW 2021

Yan Can Cook Show 2021 (HA 28579) by H.A Studio

Designer & Builder: David Huynh (vboihuynh)

Check it on LEGO IDEAS

Prototype version:

I’m so excited to share my new model - Yan Can Cook TV Show. I got inspiration from the TV show studio concept to an explored Yan Can Cook being a general idea. "Yan Can Cook" by chef Martin Yan is a popular Chinese cooking show from Shanghai to San Francisco as well as in the international (such as UK, Canada, Vietnam...). I would tell a bit about his background, Yan was born in Guangzhou in China, is technically a second-generation 'French' who was inspired by his mother in the small kitchen of their family restaurant. His whole life with a purpose is to promote Chinese cuisine, make it easy and delicious to cook for diners. I remember that when I was eight, my mother started following his show. After dinner, I always spend time seat in front of the TV watching his show with my mother. It was really fun and made me interested in cooking. I really love "Yan Can Cook."

His passion for promoting Chinese cuisine, and how pure luck and chance landed him a four-decade and counting TV career. After almost 40 years, I still have the cooking TV show that’s most likely the longest-running cooking and travel show in the U.S. and probably in the world. He always says, "I am a firm believer that something good is even better when it is shared with others. I love Asian cooking, and I love it, even more, when I can share it with the world."

Final model:
I think that it will be a great final model of approximately 894 Lego pieces (Prototype 924 Lego pieces) with one character - Mr. Yan that many people could enjoy! Due to "Yan Can Cook" has had so many tv series, here, I want to present the modern studio kitchen with "Yan Can Cook" and it's also the main key for builders to think back in the part of the original of his show. I would say that this is a very inspiring project about the tradition, culture, and food of the Chinese. Looking at the model shows so many details, very neat and simple interior design. The mini characters also contribute to making the space of the model more dynamic and unique.
The big challenge for me is the layout of how to fit and could present the whole idea of the model with the different perspective views such as the main scene reflect extra scenes. It will be telling you what the story is, what kind of cultures are, when and where it is going on, and beyond.
The interesting thing in my design is "flexibility" that I can be the interchangeable position of the audiences and director area (same size frame), as well as I designed opening two parts for more seeing clearly and focusing on the main scene. 
My favorite part of this model is the kitchen counter which gives me so many impressions on the logo of Yan Can Cook, mini food, and kitchen tools. I believe that it also could be the main power of the model.

Comments